Participants are required to raise a minimum of $1,000 in donations. We know that many of you are slightly intimidated by this requirement. However, you will be surprised at how quickly the donations add up once you put your heart, creativity, and commitment into the effort.
The key is getting started if you haven't already. We are extremely pleased when participants tell us they are striving to exceed the minimum fundraising requirement. More funds raised means more support for the cause.
How about you? What will your fundraising goal be if you choose to go beyond the minimum? Double the minimum? Triple? If there is something keeping you from meeting the deadline, don't panic. Give us a call and formulate a fundraising plan.
If you have never raised money before (or even if you have), it can be a little frightening, especially in this tough economic climate. Rest assured, most people feel the same way! The good news is that there are many different ways to fundraise, and we'll work with you to develop your own fundraising program.
We're excited to announce a few fundraising incentives available to you! Maybe you haven't started your fundraising yet, or maybe you're well on your way to reaching the $1,000 mark... or beyond! These fundraising incentives are sure to get you fired up.
Here are the details:
- $1,500 Incentive: Any participant who raises $1,500 by September 25th will receive half of their registration fee back.
- $2,000 Incentive: Any participant who raises $2,000 by September 25th will receive their entire registration fee back.
- $3,000 Incentive: Any participant who raises $3,000 will receive, in addition to a refund of their entire registration fee, a limited-edition Baby Dragon 180 Ride jersey!
If you choose, you can donate your cash incentive back to the programs you are riding to support. (It's tax-deductible, too!)
It is not for you. Remember, you are not asking people to fund your next car payment. You are asking for money to help provide Mental Health services, Crystal Meth Recovery, and programs for LGBT youth at The Center. The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center depends on these funds to deliver the best possible life saving programs to those who need them.
Know your stuff. Be informed about why you are doing this. Memorize a few key facts about the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center, and some of the work they do. More information can be found at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center's website or our Beneficiary page. There are many reasons to support your Baby Dragon 180 Ride efforts, and you should share them with your donors.
Be prepared. Always carry your Baby Dragon 180 Ride donation forms, pledge letters, and pre-addressed envelopes. A donation could come from anyone, anywhere, anytime. So...Talk, talk, talk. Tell everyone you know that you are raising at least $1,000 and riding 180 miles to fund programs for youth, mental health, and crystal meth recovery services.
The magic words. It is so important to thank your sponsors, too. Send them a simple note. Make your donors a part of your Baby Dragon 180 Ride experience, and they will feel even better about contributing.
We have made it easy for your friends, family and associates to make donations to your fundraising campaign.
- You can collect checks directly. Make sure they are made payable to "Friends of the Center" or "L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center" and that you include a completed donor form. Write your name in the memo field on each check. If the check is made payable to you, we will have to return it to you for correction by the donor.
- Donations can be submitted electronically on our website by clicking Donate, above.
- Create an e-mail signature that directs donors to your personalized donation page.
Donors can choose to make a series of payments with a credit card. Be sure to mention this when you ask for donations. All donations should be sent directly to the address located on the donation form to ensure that the money is processed correctly. We promise to work very hard to ensure that the maximum return for each dollar raised goes the mental health, crystal meth, and LGBT youth services at the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center.
You can check your fundraising progress on our website through your Participant Login. Totals will be updated frequently, but there will be a short lag time between receipt of the donation and posting on the site. Please be patient!
For more information on fundraising, check out this list of more than 100 ideas, or ask us for help.